My Other two Heroes..in their own words that guide me, pay tributes to the GREATEST AFRICAN THAT EVER LIVED
· Violence never settles anything right: apart from injuring your own soul, it injures the best cause. It lingers on long after the object of hate has disappeared from the scene to plague the lives of those who have employed it against their foes. – Chief Obafemi Awolowo
· "Man is the Alpha and Omega, the only dynamic means and the sole end, of all earthly human activities .... All productive activities, if they are to be meaningful, equitable, just and human, should be geared to one and only one goal- the welfare of the individual."
- The People's Republic, 1970.
· "I will, more than ever before, subject myself to severe self- discipline. Only men who are masters of themselves become easily masters of others. Therefore, my thoughts, my tongue,
and my actions shall be brought under strict control always."
- My March Through Prison, 1985
· "It is safer and wiser to cure unhealthy rivalry than to suppress it."
- Thoughts on The Nigerian Constitution, 1966.
· "Those who desire to reach, and keep their places at the top in any calling must be prepared to do so the hard way."
- Awo (Autobiography). 1960
· “Naturally, in the course of my long political activities, I have attracted to myself a sizeable crop of detractors and adversaries…This as it should be…It isn’t life that matters, but the courage you bring to it” – Chief Obafemi Awolowo
· “Courage is an inner resolution to go forward despite obstacles” – Martin Luther King Jr.
"After rain comes sunshine; After darkness comes the glorious dawn. There is no sorrow without its alloy of joy; there is no joy without its admixture of sorrow. Behind the ugly terrible mask of misfortune lies the beautiful soothing countenance of prosperity. So, tear the mask!"
- Chief Obafemi Awolowo- My Early Life, 1968.
"Any system of education which does not help a man to have a healthy and sound body and alert brain, and balanced and disciplined instinctive urges, is both misconceived and dangerous."
- Chief Obafemi Awolowo, The People's Republic. 1968
· The Blackman shall be absolute and undisputed master in his own home, and shall enjoy unaffected and un-patronising equality with the other races of the world."
- Press Statement (196/): Voice of Reason, 1981.
· I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.Martin Luther King, Jr.
May God rule and guide our deliberations here, and endow all the …leaders with the vision, realism, and unselfishness as well as courage and steadfastness in the course of truth, which the present circumstances demand.
· “Furthermore, the spirit of man knows no barrier, never dies, and can be projected to any part of the world. This being so I am confident that the ideals of social justice and individual liberty which I hold dear will continue to be projected beyond the prison walls and bars until they are realized in our lifetime.” - Chief Obafemi Awolowo
“If any of you are around when I have to meet my day, I don’t want a long funeral. And if you get somebody to deliver the eulogy, tell them not to talk too long. “ – Martin Luther King Jr.